This is a FREE download, compliments of Monument. Enjoy!
About "Introduction to Parliamentary Debate"
Parliamentary debate (a.k.a. “parli”) is a form of debating where each team is given a resolution, a set time to prepare, and then they debate. Resolutions are written for each round. Tournaments and scrimmages match teams up, one side affirming the resolution as “the government” and the other side negating the resolution as “the opposition.” A judge ranks how well they debated and declares a winner of the debate round.
This preseason document introduces you to the world of parli debate:
- Simple Explanation of Parli Debate
- The Structure of Parli Debate
- Leagues for Season 20
- Resources for Members
- Need More? Buy Monument Libraries!
- Sample Download
- Download the document with the button above. Study this release and get to know it well. File and print as necessary to prepare for your upcoming competition.
- This download is exclusively for Monument Members. Any use outside this membership is a violation of U.S. Copyright Law and violators will be prosecuted.
- As always, double check all claims, warrants, hyperlinks and the current news in case any changes have occurred that will affect your competition.
- Do you have questions about this download? Tap in your comment at the bottom of the page. The author, the site owner, or another member will most likely reply.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member or a Library Access Owner you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.
Coach Jeub is owner and lead publisher of Monument Publishing. He has been coaching since the mid-90s as well as providing the leading source material for speakers and debaters in multiple leagues. Mr. Jeub currently coaches speech and debate at Monument Academy where he also teaches 7th grade English, and he runs a Patreon page for his most recent writing projects.