If you want quick links to the downloads you need, this is the page to visit. When logged in, you will be able to download your source material WITH ONE CLICK.
Season 20 Release Schedule
Monument releases content from August through December (Semester 1) and has all source material ready for competitive season (Semester 2). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 20, click here. The following is a general release schedule for Season 20:
- August - All preseason material and instructional videos release, setting up students on the path to success.
- September-October - The basic informational material and first cases will be released (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- November-December - Cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2019 - All foundational downloads are complete! Individual sourcebooks are set up for sale through June 2020.
- January-May - BONUS material is released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
Members are fully prepared for competition. Click here to join.
Season 20 Debate Resolutions
Our Monument Member Team writes cases, briefs and articles for several debate leagues. The Season 20 resolutions are:
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its energy policy."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce Direct Commercial Sales and/or Foreign Military Sales of arms from the United States."
- Stoa: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its banking, finance, and/or monetary policy."
- NCFCA: "Resolved: Preventive war is ethical."
- NSDA release six resolutions through the year, three of which Monument writes for:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Sept/Oct Varsity: "Resolved: In the United States, colleges and universities ought not consider standardized tests in undergraduate admissions decisions."
- Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The United States ought to eliminate subsidies for fossil fuels."
- Jan/Feb 2020: "Resolved: States ought to eliminate their nuclear arsenals."
- Mar/Apr 2020: "Resolved: Predictive policing is unjust."
- Nationals: To be announced May 1, 2020.
- Stoa: "Resolved: Culture ought to value assimilation over multiculturalism."
- Public Forum:
- NSDA Sept/Oct: "Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative."
- NSDA Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The benefits of the United States federal government’s use of offensive cyber operations outweigh the harms."
- NSDA Jan: "Resolved: The United States should end its economic sanctions against Venezuela."
- NSDA Feb: "Resolved: The United States should replace means-tested welfare programs with a universal basic income."
- NSDA Mar: "Resolved: The United States should increase its use of nuclear energy for commercial energy production."
- NSDA Apr: To be announced March 1, 2020.
- NSDA Nationals: To be announced May 1, 2020.