[arve url=”https://vimeo.com/345793499″ /]
There are numerous platform (or “oratory”) speeches where competitors write and deliver their own informational or persuasive speech. Most forensic leagues offer platforms like Original Oratory, Persuasive, Informational Speaking, and many other unique forms of platform speaking. Monument Members hear from champions who have enjoyed success in various platform categories. They include their own speech as well as give pointers to members for their preparation. Members who participate in platform speaking should allocate time during the week to study the pieces Monument releases. By real tournament time, you will be prepared to compete.
[sc name=”Category Note”][display-posts category=”platform” include_excerpt=”true” image_size=”medium” title=”Newest Release” posts_per_page=”1″ wrapper=”div” excerpt_more=”Read More” excerpt_more_link=”true”]
[display-posts category=”platform” include_excerpt=”true” offset=”1″ include_date=”true” title=”Earlier Platform Releases” posts_per_page=”100″]
Most speech and debate organizations offer platform as a category for speech. The following are active platform organizations:
- AFA provides Informative Speaking and Persuasive.
- NCFCA provides four categories of Platform: Biographical Narrative, Illustrated Oratory, Informative Speaking, and Persuasive Speaking.
- NCFL provides Oratorical Declamation and Original Oratory.
- NSDA provides Expository, Informative and Original Oratory.
- Stoa provides Expository, Original Oratory, and Persuasive Speaking.
[sc name=”S20 Release Schedule”]
[sc name=”Permission and Usage”]