[arve url=”https://vimeo.com/345792509″ /]
Literary interpretive speaking, “interp” for short, consists of events where competitors display an appreciation and recitation of a piece of literature. Most forensic leagues have numerous types of interps, the most popular being Humorous Interp (HI), Dramatic Interp (DI) and Duo Interp (DUO). Monument Members hear from champions who have enjoyed success in various interp categories. They reference their own speech success and give pointers to members for their preparation. Members who participate in interp should allocate time during the week to study the interp pieces Monument releases. By real tournament time, you will be prepared to compete.
[sc name=”Category Note”][display-posts category=”interp” include_excerpt=”true” image_size=”medium” title=”Newest Release” posts_per_page=”1″ wrapper=”div” excerpt_more=”Read More” excerpt_more_link=”true”]
[display-posts category=”interp” include_excerpt=”true” offset=”1″ include_date=”true” title=”Earlier Interp Releases” posts_per_page=”100″]
Most speech and debate organizations offer interp as a category for speech. The following are active interp organizations:
- AFA provides Prose Interpretation, Dramatic Duo, Program Oral Interp, After Dinner Speaking, Drama Interp, and Poetry Interp.
- NCFCA provides Biblical Presentation, Duo Interpretation, Open Interpretation, and Original Interpretation.
- NCFL Extemp provides Dramatic Performance, Duo Interp, Oral Interp, .
- NSDA provides Declamation, Dramatic Interp, Duo Interp, Humorous Interp, Poetry, Program Oral Interp, Prose and Story Telling.
- Stoa provides Dramatic, Duo, Humorous, and Open.
- UIL provides Oral Interpretation.
[sc name=”S20 Release Schedule”]
[sc name=”Permission and Usage”]